Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Repaying the Kindness

Maybe we will practice driving during lunch time instead. Sol is such a great pal, she's going all out to help me on this last minute driving lessons and I never even have to ask for it. Why? She said when she was getting hers, she had 2 friends who helped her so much, had been so supportive all the way and she asked them how she could repay them for their kindness and they replied, in future, whenever others need help in driving, just help them. I figured, that's really how life is... such as the love and kindess of our parents, so much they do that we never saw and those we saw, how can we pay all their kindness?... it's inifinte, unmeasurable and can we really afford it? Yes, we try our best, take them out, be there for them, give them money, support them in all ways but I reckon it's never going to be enough - imagine all those sleepless nights they had, all those worried they took on when we got sick, financial worries, all sorts....... but life is such that we are given the opportunity to do the same for our kids and if we don't have kids, people around us, we have that opportunity to repay our parents through our act of kindness for others....and just about being kind to anyone! That's the way it works.... really! :) I am still thinking... life is so precious and I've no regrets living as thought tmr never comes.. I said this to an elderly man many years ago and he said to me, Ohh, c'mon, we have to stay young at heart!!! But really, I can tell you after so many years living as though tmr never comes, I have no regrets...I feel I can cherish every new moment that comes into my life.. Hey, btw, having said that doesn't mean I have to go do the extremes OK? Fear factor is no-no for me, I'll pass that, its 'OOOHH-Kay' if I never tasted the spiders! :P

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger wkhai said...

hey, i can relate to that... i was one year behind all my friends to get a drivers' licence, and a few of them were kind enough to drive me to and from home eventhough i was living wayyy out of the way from most people. i made a promise to myself to repay that kindness by giving lifts/rides to whoever that need one - if i'm free, and i don't have any place to be at that time and no previous engagements, all one has to do is ask or accept my offer for a ride.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Fiona said...

Way to go cuz! Yeah, I need to repay kindness also... anyone need a ride, need some help on driving (hehe though my score isn't that good!), look me up! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home