Sunday, July 17, 2005

Cleansing on One's Heart

SIL mentioned to me about granny a few days ago - some medical emergency. Bro called Dad and Uncle Ling but they didn't even bother to visit her - they have their reasonings.... We started talking again about how granny situation is like. Finally, I sent SMS to Dad and Mom asking them to reconsider taking her in, and forgive and forget whatever it may be. After all, she's sad and lonely and what she did before was only nothing but with a heart of a loving mother - who has brought up her 2 sons in the most natural way one would do it - survived through thick and thin. Dad and I sent a few emails back and forth but now I am very shaken and faced with alot of negative feelings towards the whole issue. I battle so hard to try and stay positive, not let their actions affect my actions towards them. It's just so hard and I am mentally trembling now. I know I have to treat my parents right and I vow to set a good example to them no matter how they are treating granny, but instead of me knocking some senses in them, they always fight back with alot of resentment and unwillingness to forgive. This is not the first time .. I try every now and then, but I always end up giving in to Mom and Dad's will (such strong will to abandon my granny) because they feel so strongly about it .. I tried so hard to be polite and nice about telling them how I feel, telling them what I think they should do about granny, giving them options, giving them support if only they are willing to help granny, but I get bitten instead and so I was down with tears because even Dad would have such strong mindset about not taking in granny .. after all that she has done? I had in my mind .. granny never abandon my Dad no matter what the situation was (her husband left her, she struggled to earn a living, she struggled through WW2 ..) and now that she's old, can barely see, and most of all, misses her son so much, he abandons her ... I try not to let anger eat me up, but you know, I do hate looking at my parents doing this because deep inside I wish they were good role models to me. Despite the fact that yes, they have given me so much, education, safely, living, and love, I wish they had been more forgiving to my granny. I don't even wish they forgive their enemies (which all of us should), but seems like expecting them to forgive an old lady who had done so much for them .. just so hard for them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home