Forgive As We Hope To Be Forgiven ..
Very interesting show, I watched NERO last weekend. Thought it may be one of those Roman empire movie with much conquering and battlefield .. Acte (Nero's love) said 'let's forgive as we hope to be forgiven' .. these words sound so commonplace as we all know it, but to really be practicing it daily, cleansing our hearts we must really do it. Despite the sad ending, Nero died, and all the sorrow he had caused the people, it seems he really wanted to be a good Emperor after all, for the better world, and so she said 'Nero didn't start the fire, but the fire inside consumed him..' .. he asked for forgiveness before he died and she forgave him.
I observed too at one point Nero needed to kill his half-brother so as to save many thousands (so he can be a good emperor, eliminate the corruption etc) .. Acte didn't agree with Nero .. My thoughts then, should he? Is it justifiable? It's a nation's issue, I wonder much too.. So I said to hubby, you know I heard too Buddha (Syakamuni?) at one time had to kill the pirate on the ship in order to save a few hundred lives on the ship.. he too ended up in Hell for a while but because his intentions were good and due to the much merits he earned in many past lives, he didn't have to suffer much in Hell. So, perhaps this is a close analogy of saving many other lifes and killing one or two? He said something like, 'Well, not in Christians .. (Acte in this case) because it is the belief that we do not take the life of others as we leave it to faith in God' .. Ponder, ponder, ponder.. Today I asked SL & TR since they are both very diligent when it comes to religion I'd say, follow-through quite a fair bit in the teachings.. and so it was said that they too would have left it to faith in God as it is not a way to justify taking another life because we did not create life itself and so it's not for us to take it away too .. kinda makes sense really.. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home