Monday, July 25, 2005

Give and You Shall Receive...

That's my MSN message last week "I don't know how to tell you this but its true, give and you shall receive.." It came from my thoughts about my parents.. and no doubt that they have given alot esp. to me, my bro and even my granny (20-30 years back then) and surely they have also received and probably receiving, but the fact is, you just have to keep giving ... to keep receiving.. Once you stop giving, and you used up all that you are receiving, you will simply not receive anymore. I can start to see some reality in this in my parents because they started isolating from family and friends and only wanted peace for themselves at their home after the financial ordeal and having to sell their home... I can see now, over the course of time, they simply are not receiving much goodness anymore.. it seems like, goodness is slowly depleting and loneliness starting to creep in - but they are struggling to surive and overcome these loneliness. Though, on my part, yeah they are stil receiving from me but I am also always trying hard to keep communications with them and make sure I recipocrate all that they have given .. and not take them for granted despite whatever is happening now. But from time to time, I noticed that they do things that creates a south-south magnet effect with people around them (even with me, but I fight it) so family and friends end up staying away from them either .. do you see it? I do .. it's starting to become so clear to me the karma effect. I am sure in one way or another they do give to others except not in the ways that they should be giving to Granny - esp. her last few old age years. But still, you know what? We can't run away from the fact that karma hunts you down ... as what I read in today's About.com article about what Buddha said "Actions bring results, whether for good or ill..." it's a cycle of life .. and you know what? You can be doing alot of good and then receive alot of goodness but it is not forever .. if you stop, it will run dry, just like savings in your bank account. As simple example is if you stop making money (however the way it is, whether work for others or investment generated) you will dry it up sooner or later because you have expenses to incur at one point or another, and on-going ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home