Friday, June 06, 2008

My Job

My job is not to be like Bao Ching Tien (Judge Bao) who decides who is real (faithful to God, saved, or true) and who is not for I cannot see through hearts, not even my own heart at times. That job rightfully belongs to God. As for me, my job is by the greatest commandments of our Lord Jesus (Matthew 22:37-40):

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

What is love? The world gives many creative definitions (what we learn from childhood, through our own relationship with others, via the media etc) but what really matters is to know what love is from the one who is LOVE Himself, in today's understanding we call it, the one who created love. God is LOVE, what God thinks about what love is what matters, and He sent Jesus to demonstrate the unfailing love of God Almighty, a sacrificial love - one that does not depend on how deserving you are, one that gives you what you need without depending on how good you are or what you do, one that thinks in the interest of others continuously supplying that interest without exhausting the source, one that does not worry for our own interest have been taken care of abundantly through faith in Christ Jesus.

Do you really love me? Asked of our Lord Jesus - I do. Do you? I do .... Do you really? You know I do. Then Feed me sheep, feed my lambs, take care of my sheeps, tend to them ... (John 21:15-17) ... Gods desire have now become the desires of my heart by His grace. Above all, Jesus said, when we love our brethren, others will know you are my diciples (John 13:34- Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. ("By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.").

Thank you Lord Jesus for being alive yesterday, today and tomorrow, continuously encouraging, guiding and comforting me, giving me such wonderful relationships with my brothers and sisters in Christ. It's a priviledge to be a part of God's family, I love you for it is you who love me first so I may have a chance to love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home