Doing The Right Thing
Mom called to see how I am doing. Was abit surprise to hear from her but I do sense that Mom and Dad really care and love me alot. Most of the time, they don't want to say it (and I suppose even more like this to bro - so that's why communication breaks down between them)... After talking to Mom, and knowing we still communciate, I get to ask her how she is, and we talked .. I felt I was right all the while, for not giving up on keeping communications open with them, and fight all those negative feelings surrounding the issue of how they are treating Granny. The fact that I chose to treat each relationship separately, really helps me in maintaining relationship with my parents and I am more sure today and before, that this is the right thing to do. If I hadn't done that and let my own emotions run wild, I would have had so much resentment talking to them, and thinking 'why bother to call them, why bother to be nice to them, after all I don't like what I am seeing now, or why can't they accept Granny to our home' .. and then create a barrier between me and them ... slowly, and surely, this barrier will keep us apart and eat us up from both ends.. So, irregardless of their doings or seemingly wrongdoings at any point, we should always be good to our parents, recipocrate their love and care, at all times... after all, who are we to say that they haven't been good parents? They may not have been a good son or daughter-in-law, or may have been but not good enough, but to judge if they have been good parents, we don't even need to question it, the answer is right infront of our eyes, if we choose to see it ... So, having said that, I will have to work my ass off next year since I will not have a job, so I definitely have to get one and no slacking! I guess, I don't want to dissapoint my parents for not being able to support them financially ..


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home