Vacation Week
1 week off! Okay, no such thing as 'shake leg', I have alot lined up for the week! Anyways, waking up as usual and early today, really feels good and not yearning for late morning or extra sleep. Don't really know why but its been a while, since got married, it's been a total transformation in a sense - good things come together? Last night I was teasing a little, we both we sleeping late and very tired after long weekend packing the house for garage sale and painting. Before going to bed I told KC, I am going to read a little first, after all vacation starts tomorrow, I don't have to wake up early! He said "who said so!", and I told him, "well, all year round I gota wake up early, bath Analina, cook her lunch, prepare her breakfast, do everything .. I suppose its only logical during my 5 day vacation I get a break from that!?" - he went on saying "who sets the rule!!?" Obviously he is the one but that's not the rule huh!? Anyways, I am glad inside me, I wasn't heading for that direction. Despite the fact that most people would think - (even me before), if he loves me, he won't do that to me!, If he loves me, he will be more sensitive towards my welfare, more caring etc... I guess, its been a while I took a different perspective in life .. and focus more towards myself, and just wanting to be a better and better person. I don't know exactly which article but Dalai Lama's thoughts have left quite a strong mark in me, wherein, all focus to achieving happiness from within. Before, I never knew how.. Now, not that I have successfully achieved that with consistency, but I do see the method! That alone, open up a whole new world! Anyway, few years back I came across this article (Buddhist Women at the Time of the Buddha) about Queen Mallika having the 5 qualities of a perfect wife, and that is? always rising before him, and going to bed after him, by always obeying his commands, always being polite, and using only kind words.. Okay, too ancient? Though Queen Mallika existed during Buddha's time, but to have the opportunity to know, these are the good qualities is simply enligtening! But I was thinking then 'wah, how to maintain youthness with lack of sleep??!' :P But I tried it anyway .. my comment is, I don't know what to say but all I know is, I don't feel any bit of suffering but more joy and happiness. Not so consistent though, so I must keep reminding myself and train my mind to maintain better qualities!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home