Resolution For 2007
From now onwards - I'd like to try and approach my resolutions fr. God's point of view ....
1. It's Not About Me, It's All About God - The Purpose Of My Life
I want to get to know God personally, trust Him, love and serve God, Lord Jesus Christ, - I am not going to serve money or things of the world! I aim to give up all the worldly things if any had been so important to me before. To give my heart to the Lord, but the heart is where the treasure is, so where my treasures are, that's what I will also give to the Lord ..... this means, I will also do these 3 things I've promised for this year: 1) Daily time with God for 365 days *No Bible No Breakfast* 2) Weekly tithe 3) Actively participate in Church's small group - connecting with the Church
* Special Note: Get baptized too! - According to Rick Warren, there should not be any delay or postponing in baptizing. It SHOWS that you are part of God's family, although it does not MAKE YOU a member of God's family - only faith in Christ does that. It publicly announces to the world, "I am not ashamed to be part of God's family".. and yes I am not ashamed..
2. It Doesn't Really Matter What I Want, It Is What I Can Do To Help My Husband - Make This As If My 1st Full-Time Job Here on Earth!
I've learned a great deal about one of God's perfect will and that is to be LG's help meet, a thankful and merry wife. Will cont to make real efforts in showing how thankful I am as a wife, and to help and support LG all the way, 365 days from all aspects of our marriage .. to trust and love him wholeheartedly. Special Highlight include: Set-aside HELP-MEET SPECIAL for LG - one Friday night every fornight, he gets time for himself so he can go out with his friends etc. I also want to make sure I dont neglect household chores and make sure they are all taken care off first before office work , so I plan to do the following on weekdays weekly (no choice but to take time from office hours and lunch - 12noon) - same time free up Sat and Sun for family: Laundry (Mon) Wash car (Tues), clean bathrooms (Wed), groceries (Thurs), clean floor/windows (Fri) - really need my schedule up and running ...
3. Put My Own Interest and Ambitions Aside And Focus On Being A Good-Loving Christian Mom - Make This As If My 2nd Full Time Job Here on Earth!
I want to be my little ANA's helper and guardian angel, to provide her with a loving family and teach her about God's word, this includes reading the Bible to her every night, share with her about Jesus and God and the Bible, and show her by example how to be that good person Jesus wants us to be.. specifically I also need to always talk to her with nice, loving words, and never scold/raise my voice against her and never say, 'Dont bother Mommy' - 365 days a year! Some other specifics include: cannot exceed max. 8 hours at daycare (5-days a week) Jan-July, by Aug, cannot exceed 6.5 hours at school-spend time with Analina after-school teach and help her with homework-crafts-bible, ensure she gets enough sleep (10 hrs-sleep at 9pm, wake up at 7am), and evening walk with my litte one ..
4. Follow Jesus Footsteps In Order To Serve God and Do God's Will (Item 1,2 & 3)
This is also something I plan to accomplish in year 2007 - a special 2006 Christmas Jesus Project which began on 12/25.2006. To learn and apply Jesus's footsteps and teaching. I've cut out 3 big hearts representing each of our little family here but will zoom into specifics as the months go by, refering to Jesus's teaching and how we can be like Christ.
5. Keeping in Touch with Dad & Mom
Although I've been keeping in touch with Dad and Mom and emails, but this year I'd like to establish a more consistent habit to call home - once every fornight! And of course also cont to provide for them (and Granny) with 2005 & 2006 resolutions.
6. Take Good Care Of My Own Health
Definitely something I have never done routinely and been out of touch with exercizing due to many legitimate reasons! - Beach jog once a week, every Sunday morning 6am - Take vitamin supplements everyday - tblast (before breakfast), omega-3 and vital nutrients (lunch and dinner) - Go to the dentist! OK - that's enough! Too much to handle! ;)
7. Books That I Want To Finish Reading This Year
This is going to be ambitious, considering I am not a book lover at all! Nevertheless, these books are important for good spiritual growth, so I'll make it happen! - Created To Be His Help Meet, by Debbie Pearl - Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren - Your Best Life Now, by Joel Osteen
8. Lastly, Business and Work
When all the above is taken care of, then I'll work on the business/office-work which involves the following schedules a)CTCE - Mon through Fri 9am-4.30pm b) WebDesk - every Wed evening starting 6pm if can find time c) CyberWize - every Thurs evening starting 6pm if can find time and d) Others-Research - every Tues evening starting 6pm if can find time
Review of 2006 Resolution
1. Be happier than 2005 - GOOD PROGRESS! Thankful
2. Financial support for GRN - GOOD PROGRESS! Providing ..
3. Grateful for what LG has provided - GOOD PROGRESS! Thankful
4. Grateful to have family, friends & relatives - GOOD PROGRESS! Thankful
5. No illegal download of songs/videos - GOOD PROGRESS! Rejected all.
6. Pay for software - GOOD PROGRESS except 2 more programs!
6. Consistency to attend Bayview service, at least once a mth - GOOD PROGRESS! Weekly now.
7. Read the bible to increase knowledge, at least one hour a mth - GOOD PROGRESS! Habitual now
Review of 2005 Resolution
1. Financial support for DD and MM - GOOD PROGRESS! Providing...
2. Financial support for CSK, FI & ANA - GOOD PROGRESS! Providing... and not keeping anything for myself.
NOTE: All resolutions of the previous year must be carried forward, meaning, to consistently apply it on top of new resolutions, no easy way out!


2 Comments:
Wow... made such tremendous progress! Remember sis, we have the greatest helper in this world!!! :P
Btw, forgot to mention...
whenever Casey takes time for himself.... we can spend family time together, sis.
Post a Comment
<< Home