Don't Want To Criticize or Judge Others
Since a few months back, I told myself - from now on I make a promise to myself, I will not criticize, condemn or complain as recommended by Dale Carnegie. It's an ambitious goal - obviously I wont be able to do it overnight all at once but I know if I start now, I will get there. I was very committed to it, and I noticed since then, I have been very cautious about my views as to not let it lead to criticism, or complains.. I think I did pretty well and even became happier, except today I realized lately I am allowing my differing views (esp basic values in life - values I cannot understand why others do not adopt) start to build into criticism or complain - and its almost as if I can't help it because I could not understand others could not understand! I told myself not to judge and fought hard against it, but I think my mind analysis process functioned so well it almost lead to criticism. I was comparing the situation with my own views-or the general view and it could not match up, and I am so very guilty of it! Although I did not mean any harm and infact meant good, with all good intention to try and help others, but I have allowed myself to judge others based on my own standards. But the good news is, its only for a short moment before I raise up and knock some senses in my head to really differentiate between 'trying to help' and 'criticizing/judging' ... I am glad that I am aware of this today and vow to do better next time - remembering that, I really don't have to judge anyone but instead judge myself and 1) lovingly forgive others for any wrong-doings and 2) offer help them in anyway I can ~ as Jesus inspired.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home